Learn more ways to wear a scarf whether it’s cold out, you’re globetrotting, or simply making a fashion statement! It’s a big fashion faux pas to wear your scarf the same way all the time–especially when there are so many cool ways to maximize this accessory. Here are some stylish ways to wear a scarf around your neck and switch things up. Come along as we show you the different ways to wear a scarf and stay fashionable all year round!
Ways to Wear a Scarf to Amp Up Your Winter Look!
1. Square Blanket Scarf
It’s true, time flies by fast. Just last month, we were all over the place looking for fall fashion trends… And now.. winter is coming (alright, that line is definitely from Game of Thrones). This square blanket scarf should go well with your winter ensemble, plus it’s super easy to wear.
Fold your blanket scarf in half to make a triangular shape and create a lengthier material to work on. Hold both ends of your blanket scarf and cross them behind your head, so that both ends go back around the front. Tuck the ends under the scarf and give it a fluff to get the look you like. Wear this square blanket scarf on a night out with your girlfriends!
2. The Muffler
- Probably one of the most fashionable ways to tie your scarf is the muffler way. It is super simple yet very cute. If you have a sheer and soft scarf material to work with, this trick is perfect. You need to hold one end of a square scarf, then hold the other end across. Make a knot by tying both ends twice. Wear the scarf over your head with the knotted part hidden at the back of your neck. Don’t forget to fluff it nicely.
3. The Fake Knot
This fake knot is perfect for long scarves and great to wear with a casual outfit. With four simple steps, you get a whole new way of wearing a scarf. You simply slide your scarf over your shoulders and adjust the length so that left side of the scarf hanging in front of you is longer than the other side. Tie a knot on the side where the scarf is longer. Loosen the knot and simply slide the other end of the scarf into the knot.
4. The Bow
If you want to be unique, the bow is an interesting and stylish way you can wear your scarf. This style is pretty simple, but best suited to long rectangular scarves. A simple jeans and cardigan or sweater ensemble can look more elegant with the bow style of wearing a scarf. Follow the simple and easy instructions here on how to tie a long scarf, the bow style.
5. The European Classic or Loop
This is probably the easiest and simplest way to wear a scarf around your neck other than simply throwing a scarf around it. But if it’s good enough for celebrities, it’s perfect enough for this list. We can see why celebrities, men and women alike, wear their scarf the European way. It’s pretty straightforward and you can wear it to the center or off to one side. You can follow the four easy steps here to wear a scarf the European classic way.
6. The European Loop with a Twist
- Celebrities may don the European loop, but it can get boring sometimes. Giving it a little tweak will definitely shake things up. It’s pretty handy to know how to wear a winter scarf the classic European way. From this technique, you can easily learn a few more tweaks, like this European loop with a twist. Instead of a bulky loop to your front, you get a stylish and artsy pattern in the tradition of a macrame knot.
7. The Double Scarf Boho Tie
This technique is perfect for winter especially if you’re left with thinner scarves and you need to wear an extra to keep toasty and warm. It is also an occasion to wear more colors and be rock a vibrant fashion statement even in winter. Learn to wear your scarf the double boho tie here and wear it with a smile!
This summer, style with a headscarf and learn how to wear it four different ways in this video from Luxy Hair:
Scarves are probably one accessory we always have in our closet. If you don’t, then you better get one or two! It’s a handy accessory, no matter what the season is. These different stylish ways to wear a scarf should help level up your look!
Which of these ways to wear a scarf are you looking to sport this year? Tell us all about it in the comments section below!
Up Next: Cute Outfits For Winter | The Ultimate Guide For Holiday Party Looks
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest to get the latest makeup, hair and nail trends!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on March 3, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.