fifteen Self-Care Rituals Fitness Influencer Meagan Kong Swears Simply by
2017 is shaping up to be the year of the fitness changer. Scroll through Instagram and you’ ll find wellness tips, athleisure #ootd posts and an endless collection of articles around workout #inspo. Considering fitness culture is more notable than ever, sportswear giants can’ t help but observe and get in on the action. Brands like Adidas are utilizing social media to recruit fresh and new faces pertaining to ad campaigns, like Meagan Kong, one of Adidas’ Ambassadors to US Running.
This is an intelligent move from a branding standpoint since influencers like Kong bring a cool-factor far beyond their tight bods. If you haven’ t already noticed, the Minneapolis-born expert dancer also has ridiculously gorgeous hair. Along with her delicious locks, her impressive rhythm has landed her onstage with huge celebrities like Jennifer Lopez, Beyoncé plus Pit Bull. Not to mention, she’ s also appeared on TV shows like America’ s Next Best Model, The Voice and Insane Ex-Girlfriend .
And if that wasn’ t enough to make you want to stalk her Instagram accounts, she recently traded in her usual yo-yo going on a diet for a more realistic and healthy approach that’ ersus documented on her social channels and blog, You Kong Do it. Just whenever we thought we couldn’ t love her more, Kong was kind enough to share her expert food and health and fitness tips to living a healthy life– without hesitation!
Tips on beauty, makeup, cosmetics, skin care... etc.
Free eBook "Beauty Tips"
Download it Now! (You'll receive download link in your email)
How to Achieve Flawless Epidermis On-The-Go
- Recently i purchased a high-frequency wand and it’ s actually changed my skin. I’ ll use it all over the face for five minutes every night and then zap blemishes with regard to 10 seconds. Once a week I exfoliate, use Kate Somerville’ s Eradi-Kate Mask and then zap any blemishes with the wand.
- To fight breakouts from sweating throughout the day (dance rehearsals, multiple workouts, etc . ) I use makeup baby wipes with salicylic acid immediately after I finish each exercise. Wiping the sweat within two or three minutes associated with completing the workout keeps bacteria from drying upward and clogging my pores.
- When I must wear makeup while working out (for a photo shoot or while dancing on set), I love to use an all natural primer like Fruit juice Beauty’ s PHYTO-PIGMENTS Illuminating Primer, therefore at a minimum, I know that the products on my skin are usually pure and act as a shield.
- I love to sprinkle eucalyptus oil around the tub for a post-workout house spa experience.
Healthy Eating Essentials
- I use flax oil (instead of butter and other oils) because salad dressing, to top popcorn and to make hummus. It adds fiber and omega-3, but it also promotes healthful skin, hair and nails. You can find this within the medicine aisle, oftentimes categorized as a dietary supplement at the supermarket. Keep in mind you can’ t cook with it since it doesn’ t take heat.
- I also swapped parmesan for nutritional yeast. I like to make spaghetti squash along with peas, tons of nutritional yeast, flax oil, salt plus pepper and just a sliver of butter when I wish to indulge a little.
- I make this apple cider vinegar tonic and consume it once a day to boost my energy, rev my as well as clarify my skin!
- When I feel puffed up while on my period, or sodium puffed from a poor week of eating, I’ ll drink dandelion herbal tea as a natural diuretic.
- Throughout the day I like to treat on my 30-second energy bomb. The recipe demands one pitted date split open, almond butter slathered onto it and rolled in bee pollen. Schedules provide a natural source of sugar, almond butter is great way to obtain protein and fat and bee pollen features a rush of B vitamins.
Tricks to Stay Motivated and Maximize exercising
- We travel with a jump rope and resistance bands so I can perform a full body workout in my hotel room.
- I eat squeaky clean at home (no dairy, no whitened carbohydrates, occasional grains and/or beans, but I like this to be protein-heavy) so I can live a little when I head out and can’ t control what goes into my meals, even the healthy choices!
- I subscribe to my workout classes at the beginning of the week so all I must do is show up!
- I by no means let myself feel or look like a scrub when I exercise. I’ m a firm believer that you work harder whenever you like what you see in the mirror. Also, the particular tighter my hair, the tighter I squeeze. I personally use two thick black hair bands tied three times close to when I work out.
- I try to workout first thing in the morning so that I start my day at the calorie deficit. When you eat a banana pre-workout, you’ re spending the first part of your workout working from the sugar you just ate.
- Cardio is not really enough. To change the shape of your body you need to change the form of your muscles, so I treat my body like a weapon. I shift my workouts as much as possible so my body doesn’ t negotiate and my brain stays engaged. A typical 7 days could be: Monday – cycle, Tuesday – endurance Yoga or dance class, Wednesday – circuit class or even yoga, Thursday – a jog or boxing plus Friday– a hike.
*Photo Credit: Brandon Bacquie